A Boutique Consultancy Service
Providing Specialist Support to You and Your Organisation
My approach has been respected since 1987 for “preventing disasters, or where that is not possible, reducing the potential for harm”.
(Reference: Barrister Hugh Selby in The Inquest Handbook)
Specialising in risk management capabilities – especially the niche areas of business continuity, and emergency planning – I provide “boutique services” – research, advice, plans, and the facilitation of reviews, exercises, debriefings, and training.
I will work with you to address the key tests of due care (used by courts and coronial inquests). Tests of “what you should be reasonably expected to know, and do – about risks and their management”. Unlike courts and inquests – which ask after the event – we address these tests before the disaster.
John Salter’s management responsibilities and experience have included:
• the development of Australia’s national best practice in “Emergency Risk Management”;
• managing partnerships between governments and the private sector;
• serving on national and international hazard taskforces, and
• developing integrated resources – competency frameworks, needs analyses, curricula and training products.
Key consulting assignments have included:
• Establishing Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks.
• Integrating Crisis Management and Business Continuity arrangements to ensure effective decision making;
• Business Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments;
• Disaster Reviews / Performance Reviews;
• Research on management improvement opportunities;
• Scenario-based exercises for entities with key vulnerabilities;
• Reviewing national risk management programs; and
• Developing and delivering tailored workshops in business continuity and emergency planning.
Testimonial / Reference
(Systems Management Consultants International, Saudi Arabia)
“John is a highly knowledgeable and trustworthy person – when it comes to Business Continuity and Risk management he is expert. He understands the standards related to the mentioned fields, including the literature, value, areas of application and implementation. On the Personal level John is excellent with customers as well as business partners; he is considerate, compassionate and wisely communicates with people taking into consideration cultural differences.”
Service Category: Consultant; Year first hired: 2007 (hired more than once); Top Qualities: Great Results, Expert, High Integrity
Key Pages to explore