The official text of the revision of the international ISO 31000 risk management standard has been published.
1. The document is clearer and shorter – reduced from 20 to 16 pages
2. More importance is given in creating value and decision-making
3. The principles are better integrated into the framework and the process
4. ISO 31000 is considered as a new tool for decision-making, helping managers to make decisions under uncertainty
5. More focus on explaining the integration of the management of risks into all activities and existing management systems
6. ISO 31000 does provide guidance for internal or external audit programmes