Providing Support to You and Your Organisation
We work with you to address the key tests of due care.
Focusing on “what you should be reasonably expected to know, and do”. Unlike courts and inquests – which ask after the event – we address these tests before a crisis.
Specialising in risk management – especially the crucial areas of business continuity, and emergency planning – we provide research, advice, plans, and the facilitation of reviews, exercises, debriefings, and training.
Our approach has been respected since 1987 for “preventing disasters, or where that is not possible, reducing the potential for harm” Ref: Barrister H Selby Inquest Handbook
John Salter’s (the owner of Disaster Resilience Consulting) management responsibilities and experience have included:
• the development of Australia’s national best practice in “Emergency Risk Management”;
• managing partnerships between governments and the private sector;
• serving on national and international hazard taskforces, and
• developing integrated resources – competency frameworks, needs analyses, curricula and training products.
Key consulting assignments have included:
• Establishing Management Frameworks.
• Integrating arrangements for effective decision making;
• Impact and Risk Assessments;
• Disaster Reviews / Performance Reviews;
• Research improvement opportunities;
• Scenario-based exercises of key vulnerabilities;
• Reviewing programs; and
• Delivering tailored workshops.
Illustrative Testimonial / Reference
“John is a highly knowledgeable and trustworthy person.
For Risk Management (including Business Continuity) he is a recognised expert. He understands the standards and the literature – and the specific areas for application and implementation to derive best value.
On a personal level John is excellent with customers as well as business partners; he is considerate, compassionate and wisely communicates with people taking into consideration cultural differences.” Ref: SMCI, Saudi Arabia
Key Pages to explore